Triple Booking!

I don't know where to start. So, Saturday night, June 4 2011, will be a night that I (probably) can't forget. I meant to issue two tickets for next month. Ramadan is coming, and there's no way I'm not searching for ticket as soon as I can. Well, you know that 'high season' people say; EVERYTHING is literally way more expensive than any other season.

Anyway, I tried to purchase the tickets 3 times! And by the end of the process it said "your transaction failed, please start over"
Since its been 3 times already, I decided to delay the purchasing until the next day.

15 minutes later something happened! I all of a sudden received emails from Garuda Indonesia, 3 emails at a time! I succeed while the website telling me the purchasing process failed! Imagine my surprise once I got these confirmations. :

Yes, I ordered 6 tickets instead of 2! I paid for 6 instead of 2! I paid over 4 millions IDR instead of 1,5 millions IDR! Did I freak out? You bet.

Well I wasn't shouting or anything, I was just nervous till I got nothing to say. I was sitting quietly in front of my laptop, thinking what to do. All I thought at that time was my Mother's face. How she'll freak out seeing the credit card bill next month. First thing I did was calling the customer service. Shoot! I got no credit on my phone! Thank God out of the blue my friend, Debby, asked me something on Facebook about our assignment. She helped me filling in credit for my cellphone so I can call (yeah, the consequence of using prepaid service. Once you run out, you'll screw if emergency happens). Back to my tickets. I called them at 11.30 pm. One thing I realized is how friendly the operator was (I know they're supposed to). They know how to handle panicked people (as far as I remember, I was quite calm that night, don't know why the operator said "don't panic, miss") Then he asked me to email them the booking codes and wait for the confirmation the next day.

On Sunday, things went so slow. I just couldn't wait till my email gets their respond. My Mom already called me like all day; she was worried that they can't cancel the payment for those triple bookings. I try to calm her down; though I was worried as hell too that day. I finally called them again, I just couldn't wait that long. Then, voila! They said I have to go to the ticketing office in Jakarta. I have no choice right?

So today I went to the office in Emporium Mall Pluit, North Jakarta. It was kind of a long trip, thank God Jakarta was quite lovely today. I guess my timing was just right.
Then I got to the office, and their service was excellent. It was quick and I got my money back right away.

Simply put, here are the tips of you happen to have the same problem with me in the future. If by accident you make double booking or even triple booking in Garuda Indonesia airlines, what you have to do are:

1) Call the customer service. Here I put the numbers. It's 24 hours on. There'll be somebody answers your call.2) Save the booking codes. Its very important.
3) If they say you have to go to the ticketing office, then go. There's no need to complain on the phone because they can do nothing. Certain things need to be taken care in the office, unfortunately.
4) When you go to the office, bring your booking codes, credit card and identification card. That's all they need to cancel and do the refund.

That's all! The process was only like 15 or 20 minutes long. I have to say, Garuda Indonesia is really good at serving their customers. Despite the error on their website that caused me (almost) paying for 6 tickets. After all, they made it easy and I don't need to call the Bank or anything because they make sure everything is taken care of, and all I need to do is sit back relax and enjoy my flight next month.

Last but not least, BE CAREFUL WHEN PURCHASING YOUR TICKET ONLINE. IF IT FAILS, DON'T DO ANYTHING. JUST LEAVE IT LIKE THAT AND WAIT TILL THE NEXT DAY (OF COURSE IT'S NOT APPLICABLE IF YOU NEED TO FLY IMMEDIATELY). IF YOU'RE ALREADY CAREFUL BUT THEY STILL GET YOU DOUBLE/TRIPLE BOOKED, THEN FOLLOW MY STEPS ABOVE :)

I don't know what's with those capital letters. Blame my caps lock, haha.
Just a reminder, its only for Garuda Indonesia, I don't know how it works in other flights.
Adios people...

Comments

  1. whoa! i might as well freaking outtt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Iya ce...huhu. I was freaking out. Sampe pucet gitu kali muka aku, hahaha. Thank God its done already O:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah it's easy for you because you are in Indonesia but how about those who have booked overseas who only rely on slow call centers and e-mails?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe you can try to go to the nearest Garuda Indonesia office in your country? I'm sure they have representative office in all their flight destinations.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FRIENDS, LOVERS OR NOTHING

June Comes Too Soon