GLEE



I was transferring some movies into my friend’s hard drive when I saw that one folder of ‘GLEE’. O yes, I know what GLEE is, of course. I’ve seen some of the episodes by accident a couple times. I’m liking the songs that they’ve been singing, so why not giving it a try and watch the whole first season?

I love watching series. Whatever the title is, I’m in. I do though have some that I prefer to watch; drama and comedy. When I’m thinking GLEE, I automatically compare it to High School Musical. Before I watch it, I don’t think there will be any difference. All those high school drama at typical American public school. The quarterback, the cheerleaders, the jocks, the weirdo, and how the complexity joints and finally there’s a platform to meet all them up; glee club! Hey, don’t get me wrong. I watched High School Musical like thousand times (okay, not that much). I do enjoy all the cheesy story packed in a not awesome-but fun musical, then in the end the kids will get the lesson and motivated to ... I don’t know; be them self, believe in them self, reaching dreams, you know all that. Yes, thank you Disney.

This weekend I got a chance to watch the first season of GLEE. Well, I didn’t watch the whole twenty something episodes all in one day. I skipped out some of the boring parts till I finally get the whole thing and whoosh... go straight to the last episode. I have this bad habit about watching series. Korean, Hollywood, anything, I can’t help but skip to the last episode. I know, it will ruin everything. It’s just, I can’t help it you know. It’s like this weird ambition of mine of predicting how the story ends and looking up whether my prediction is right or wrong at the last episode. Freak. I know.

So, what can I say about GLEE?

First of all, this is the most predictable series ever. O well, it’s not that hard to find out what’s going on and what will happen next. At first I don't get why people like it so much.

BUT THEN, I watched the episode where Rachel sings ‘The Only Exception’. O dear God, that’s it. Right there! Now I know why people; or mostly teenagers love it.

Yes, sorry guys, it’s all just that TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE STORY. When an average girl gets the heart of the most popular guy at school. Turns out this most popular guy also has the best heart. Ah, sweet isn’t it?

The sweet fantasy that lies in everyone about becoming a star. Who doesn’t want to be a star? If I watch this at my middle school age, wooow I’ll worship this. Why? Because it makes me feel good after watching it. It’ll pump up my adrenaline saying that there’s nothing that I can’t reach. Even if I’m the weirdest girl at school, there’s gotta be a super cute guy will wait for me at a show choir rehearsal and we sing Endless Love to each other.

On the contrary, that’s not how reality works, isn’t it? I’m not trying to be cynical here, I just talk about real stuff. Few things can’t be fixed just by singing and dancing about them. It also doesn’t make sense when they don’t prepare anything, all of a sudden they can sing and dance perfectly. Yes, I know I’m too hard on this. It happens when I’m watching Indian movies too. How they can dance and sing along where in the story they are JUST MET A FEW MINUTES BEFORE?

Okay, I think musical lovers are ready to slap me now.

Here, let me get this straight.

GLEE is alright. It's addicting. Its everything you wanted from a weekly drama musical. The songs are great; better than High School if I may say. I love the fact that they try hard on picturing “the impossible is impossible”. The lessons given are also worthy of your time watching it. I like how GLEE bluntly brings the audience to have different perspective about sensitive issues like teen pregnancy, gay right and bullying. The appearance of Josh Groban, Gwyneth Paltrow, Olivia Newton Jones and Britney Spears are extra creadit too.

All in all, its fun. When you’re sort of sleepy while looking at the drama that’s going on, just skip to the rehearsal or performing part like I did. And that Cory Monteith guy is cute too; the way he can’t dance and acts plainly awkward makes him a lot cuter. I hope the not-so-hot-anymore gossip about him dating Taylor Swift will become true. Taylor will finally find the right guy after all that broken hearted songs she wrote. Of course if in reality Cory is as good as Finn in GLEE. So, happy watching!

CORY MONTEITH

@TheRock used to be the only celebrity I follow on Twitter. And now I'm also following Cory. Yes, I think I had a little crush on this @frankenteen :">


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FRIENDS, LOVERS OR NOTHING

Triple Booking!

June Comes Too Soon